The institute welcomes international, multidisciplinary research proposals and collaborative grant applications of high quality from academic institutions and research groups in the following areas:
- Cultural psychiatry
- Cross-cultural psychology
- Clinical psychology
- Medical anthropology
- Community-based medicine and psychiatry
- Psychology of religion
- Trauma and Disaster
Individuals may also request research or educational collaborations with the institute. For such requests to be considered, the following requirements should be met:
A. Necessary conditions:
- A postgraduate degree (MSc, PhD, etc.) in psychiatry, psychology, medicine, or related disciplines.
- Evidence of the applicant’s research (e.g. academic publications) or educational (e.g. teaching) competence and activity.
- Proof of funding/sponsorship to cover the applicant’s research and living expenses in Indonesia.
- A visa that allows the applicant to work in Indonesia.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- The required vaccinations.
- Official proof of a clear criminal record.
- B. Desirable (but not necessary) conditions:
- Spoken and written knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia.
- Familiarity with the Balinese language, culture, and religion.
- International driving license.
NB. The institute reserves the right to charge the applicant(s) fees for use of its facilities and personnel as required by the proposed research designs.